Students as well as parents experience pressure and stress during the examination period and this may distract students from their goal.
Can your eating habits help you to cope with stress? The answer is a YES.
The eating habits can affect individual’s mood, calmness and the level of stress. Students increase the consumption of food with high fat, sugary snacks which is result of examination stress, and such eating can be counter-productive. Good nutrition diet must be part of students study plan and intake of water soluble vitamins and minerals is essential to reduce the stress. Students need to focus on their goal which requires calmer mind state and one of the ways to achieve this is avoiding faulty eating habits
Beat stress by eating right:
- You should avoid the large meals; instead eat frequent but small quantity meal to ensure calming effect on the brain. In short avoid large meals.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in daily diet in adequate amount. Fruits containing vitamin C should be preferred like Amla, Oranges and other citrus fruits.
- Include whole gains into your daily meals like pulses, brown rice, oats, and sprouts. Adequate amount of vitamin B and Zinc is needed and you will get it from green leafy vegetables, and seafood.
- Strictly eliminate junk food and food with higher fat, white flour, and white rice from your diet.
- To prevent swings in your blood sugars and cravings, it is suggested to eat dry fruits, roasted whole grains, soups, salads, hot chocolate.
- To stay fit and well hydrated, drink plenty of water, fruit juices, energy drink and green tea.
- It is all time favorite and better to nourish your mind with healthy diet plan instead of having memory or vitamin pills.
- To know more, contact specialist student dieticians at homeworkguru.com .